October 4, 2016

We've Moved!


Wow. It has been 8 months since I have even posted. I can't believe so much time has passed. I honestly miss blogging and having a way to look back at my kids growing up and our trips/crafts/and life in general. So, I've decided to start back up again.

A lot has happened in the last 8 months! Frank and I had to make the super tough decision of one of us quitting our jobs. I could only stay 5 years in Germany with my position, but Frank could stay indefinitely. After making lists of pros and cons and talking the issue to death, we decided Frank would quit and I'd keep my federal job and we'd return to Kentucky, close to home and family.


Frank resigned in June, we took a nice week long vacation in Mallorca, Spain then moved back to Kentucky in July.

We lived in the Residence Inn for 2 months while buying a house in Richmond, Ky, and now we've finally moved into our new house and are in the long process of unpacking. During that time the kids started at a new school, our cars were finally delivered, and our 17000 pounds of Household goods arrived, Fixing up the house and getting things in order is a never ending task, but we're still making time to get out and climb, visit family, and settle back into the American way of life.

It is such a lot of change! Kind of hard to take it all in. We're missing our friends and jobs and way of life back in Germany, but know we'll get into a routine and settle in here eventually. It all just takes time. Looking forward to capturing some of our life here as we settle back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!